Sunday, 18 January 2015
French films
Bonsoir,
Recently I have taken a particular liking for classic French films, the sophisticated elegance they exhibit, and most of all, the beauty of language.
I'm rather unsure what sparked this interest in the beginning, however, I have a few ideas. Perhaps it was my visit to France in 2012, a love for good food and sweet red wine or maybe just the simplicity and ease I feel when listening to French jazz and piano music.
And its these French films that combine all those things. Adorned with a radiating spirit, the French culture is so well described and expressed. I sometimes imagine myself as a French actress, Juliette Binoche or Audrey Tautou, wondering through the streets of Paris, past Le Boulanger de Monge (a French bakery) and numerous fashion houses.
At the present time, my favourite French films include Yves Saint Laurent (2014), Chocolat (2000), Coco Before Chanel (2009), Amelie (2001), The City of Lost Children (1995), Incendies (2010), and lastly, La Vie en Rose (2007).
(Click on the film title for trailers)
While I may not be able to experience the French way of life, these films allow me to marvel at the voice of Edith Piath, the determination of Coco, and strength of Yves.
France really has my heart,
miki
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment